Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Saying Goodbye

My great aunt Frances passed away on Saturday. She was 95, if my math is correct. My grandmother's oldest sister, she was also a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and great-great-grandmother. She was a wonderful, sweet, caring, devout woman. Aunt Frances loved everybody. Whether it was cousins telling silly stories or the little ones running around, you could always hear Aunt Frances laughing and loving it all. Her home was always a special place filled with love and her family has always exhibited a peace I've seen in few others.

I wasn't able to make our family reunion this past May, so missed that chance to see Aunt Frances, and I'm not able to make the trip for the funeral today. I hope she knows I'm thinking of her anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say 'hi' and tell me what you think!