Monday, January 18, 2010

'Can'structing Wall-E














My firm participated in the local CANstruction competition this past Saturday. There are only four of us and the rules allow for a team of five, so with some shift help from Allison's hubby, DH (he brought us lunch) and brother K, we spent about eight hours building Wall-E for the "cartoon heroes" theme. The local newspaper, the News & Observer, has a few photos up from the build day, including one of my boss and me building Wall-E's arm.

Nathan, my boss, took a few photos once we were finished and had cleaned up the rolls of tape and empty cartons of Ghirardelli chocolates we used for his treads! The entries will be judged Tuesday and the exhibit officially opens on Saturday, January 23, 2010. It will remain up until February 14, and all the food will be donated to the Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say 'hi' and tell me what you think!