Friday, January 15, 2010

My Friday

Inspired by Pinewood Castle's January Daybook post, this is my Friday morning...

Outside My Window: The parking lot at work, the guys across the street washing cars. Forecast today is a high of 60!

I am hearing: Typing and clicking... and Chatham County Line's "Route 23"

I am wearing:
Friday uniform - dark jeans, Clarks (similar to these), camisole and long-sleeve t-shirt.

I am Thankful For:
Being alive. A roof over our heads and food in the pantry. Family.

I am Pondering: Be united in your convictions and united in your love, with a common purpose and a common mind. There must be no competition among you, no conceit; but everybody is to be self-effacing. Always consider the other person to be better than yourself, so that nobody thinks of his own interests first but everybody thinks of other people’s interests instead. Philippians 2:2-4

I am Thinking:
about lunch :p

I am Reading:
Finishing up Prince Caspian, as I make my way through the Chronicles of Narnia in order. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner! and this article DH just sent me...

From the Kitchen:
Last weekend was productive, big pots of chili and potato soup... leftovers for lunches this weekend. Last night I made Swedish meatballs with cream sauce, roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli for dinner with my brothers and parents. It was a huge hit.

I am Creating: a beret from a pattern I won in a giveaway.

Towards Rhythm: Waking up and going to bed (at the same time each day, eventually), lunch with DH most days.

I am Hoping and Praying:
for the people of Haiti.

In the Yard: We finally took up the tomato cages and pulled up dead tomato and pepper plants... everything has been pretty much frozen for weeks now.

Around the House: Took the tree down last weekend, we should probably take the lights off the outside of the house. The wreaths with greenery and berries will stay! We've been repairing drywall, ugh more sanding to do!

On Keeping Home:
Weekly, I mean daily, cleaning of dog hair is never ending. Organizing and purging of unnecessary stuff is ongoing. We need some bins to help organize the attic, probably will build more shelves up there, too. I have a potted plant that I brought indoors for winter that's suffering... need to figure that out.

One of My Favorite Things:
Two, really. The wagging tails of the very-bad-dogs when I return home from work at the end of the day.

A Few Plans for the Weekend:
Lights down, sanding drywall, and CANstruction tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say 'hi' and tell me what you think!