Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day (and a plug for St. Baldrick's)














Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

To interrupt for just a second, I wanted to share that this Sunday, March 21, my baby brother is participating for a second year in the St. Baldrick's Foundation fundraiser for kids with cancer. From the St. Baldrick's website: Volunteers shave their heads in solidarity with kids fighting cancer and family & friends give generously - worldwide. The St. Baldrick's Foundation uses the donations to fund more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the United States Government. The big man has upped the ante this year by offering to also shave his beard!

I love St. Patrick's Day... we've had temps in the 60s, flowers are blooming and everything outside is turning green! We always have a good time celebrating our Irish roots (and Scottish, where St. Patrick was also born), whether we're hiking, hanging with friends or running a 5K, like I did two years ago! I'd really like to attend the parade in Savannah, Georgia, some day, since it is supposed to be one of the biggest and, besides, I love that town!

Needless to say, we have a good time (most of the time!) and we love a good Irish Pub. Although I don't go around pinching other people, I'm wearing my favorite green t-shirt and socks and we'll, hopefully, find some shepherd's pie or corned beef for dinner! Today is also my girl dog's birthday (7!) and the not-so-old girl will get a special treat, as well. She ran that 5K with me on her 5th birthday.















These photos brought to you, courtesy of DH and our new 35mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say 'hi' and tell me what you think!