Saturday, September 19, 2009

Going Away Present

I found out Thursday morning that a good friend, Brettany, and her husband have decided to move back to their hometown, where they'll be closer to family and the cost of living is less. We're sad to see them go, but completely understand that "you gotta do what you gotta do." When our group of friends found out that not only are they moving, but moving next weekend, we threw together an impromptu Friday night Rock Band party at my house.

Thursday night, our friend Allison and I came up with a gift that pooled our crafting talents for a little something sweet and unique. Since Brettany bakes, and does so very well, we decided on a blank cookbook she can use to compile recipes she discovers or creates herself. It was a lot of fun to make and (if I must say so) turned out a lot better than I'd hoped on the first try! I was a little hesitant about my sewing skills and the striped fabric we chose for the cover. Allison wrote about it on her blog, with great photos, so I'll just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say 'hi' and tell me what you think!